- Up to £0.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Amber Carr
Role: AWS Redshift Migration Engineer
Location: Remote (Berlin based client)
Duration: 3.5 Months
Start Date: 1.09.2021
We are looking for a freelance AWS Cloud Engineer specialised in Migration for a well-known eCommerce client here in Berlin. Role however will be fully remote. The Oracle Phase-Out is a project to decommission their Oracle database, and replace the "long tail" of processing on Oracle with equivalent processes running on multiple AWS Redshift clusters. To assist in this, the client will use the provided Schema Conversion Tool to convert table structures and existing code to Redshift. You will help with their phased migration, data will be moved between Oracle to Redshift as needed via S3. The goal is to complete the migration by the end of 2022.
- Independent preparation of a CDP process for Redshift clusters
- Utility and Compliance Tooling for Redshift
- Independent Identify units of work to be migrated
- Autonomous migration of table structures / code with the Schema Conversion Tool. AWS provides the Schema Conversion Tool which imports existing structures from Oracle and converts these to Redshift / PL/pgSQL
- Check and correct any errors during the migration and the output will then be exported to the Redshift GitHub repository
- Independent Testing of Migrated Code
- Go-Live of New Code / Decommissioning of existing code
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years project experience with AWS Redshift
- 5+ years project experience with Oracle
- Python, Schema Conversion Toolm PL/pgSQL, Apache Airflow and CI / CD experience/exposure with any of these tools/methods and technologies would also be helpful
Sounds like you? Apply here and we will have a call to discuss the specifics if you profile is a match!
At Talent, we lead the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion hiring practices. We strive to help our clients build their teams - creating diverse and inclusive cultures. With our human centric approach to recruitment, we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining exceptional people regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. Put simply, we give a damn.