One of Talent's long-term partners are looking for a System Administrator to join their team in Hamburg. They are self-run and funded start-up that were founded 8 years ago. With this in mind they have managed to maintain their growth through the current crisis and have adapted their process for a fully remote interview and onboarding process if necessary.
They are now in search of a System Administrator who can diagnose and quickly resolve problems, always automate where necessary and monitor and stay on top of things. They are also looking for a patient and helpful communicator who enjoys working with a team and someone who is driven by the goal of ensuring infrastructure runs smoothly.
- Be in charge of server setup, configuration, maintenance and monitoring (Debian Linux)
- Lead software Deployment
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Setup and configuration of software, accounts and workstations
- My client are looking for someone with proven experience as a System Administrator, Database Administrator or similar roles.
- Familiar with various operating systems and platforms including Debian Linux
- You are familiar with visualisation and docker tools
- You are comfortable in database management (MySQL, column-based databases)
- Knowledge and experience in the most common big data projects (Kafka, Redis, Hadoop, Druid, Elastic, ClickHouse etc.)
- Experience of system security is a big plus
- Experience in Python or PHP would complete your profile
- Fluent English required
- Sc./B.A. in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field; professional certification is a plus