We are working alongside a well-known global client in the retail space where we are helping to find 3x Senior DevOps Engineers for a newly established Tech Enablement team. Their mission is to assist the product teams inside the Fulfilment domain in delivering great services to product teams by designing, building, and operating the technologies they need to succeed. The infrastructure and services are used in their warehouses and over 420 stores worldwide and help 170,000 co-workers and serve over 4 billion online customers globally!
We are looking for talented individuals who want to be part of a team that develops software that impacts millions and solves complex and world-class problems. This is a very exciting long term full-time freelance project where you will be part of a new team making a huge impact and contribution with the services and infrastructure you will introduce which will create more value and convenience to this global retail company!
You ideally share the clients vision of becoming a world leading retailer! You ideally believe good software is an essential ingredient of achieving this vision. We hope you have a good understanding of what simplicity and togetherness means and know when to take accountability and to give responsibility for what needs to be done. You care about your team and its software, and you continuously push for improvements in its quality and speed.
You will be:
- Building and setting foundational architecture and common engineering standards need to be set and built
- Providing a stable framework and foundation for all product teams within the Fulfilment locations subdomain
- Having opinions on what good engineering standards are and have experience with working on mission critical systems
- Together with the product teams you will set standards for observability, security, authentication, and communication between services
- Helping the product teams with the software life cycle and advise them on CI/CD, DevOps metrics, scalability, and performance
- Experience with designing, developing, testing, monitoring, and maintaining applications in production
- Extensive knowledge with at least one of the cloud providers
- Working knowledge of tools such as Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience Event Driven systems and related tools
- Experience on working closely with multiple product teams
At Talent, we lead the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion hiring practices. We strive to help our clients build their teams - creating diverse and inclusive cultures. With our human centric approach to recruitment, we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining exceptional people regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neuro diversity or gender identity. Put simply, we give a damn.
Sounds like you? Apply here and we will have a call to discuss the specifics if you profile is a match!