As Service Designer, you're going to be a vital part of one of the new innovation hubs at a global company, by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centred and digital design with an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways.
Joining a fast-paced, exciting environment, you'll have the opportunity to work on a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to grow across the business. You'll be challenged to think innovatively, with the opportunity to get involved at all stages, from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
What's the role?
At a strategic level, you're going to help shape the workings of design. On any day you'll enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from active involvement in project work, creating a product and helping to advise on design, to carrying out research in the discovery phase, defining problems, and crafting propositions at a service design level.
Flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing environment, you'll be confident working across complex projects, collaborating with cross functional project teams to clarify business problems, and lead a balanced approach to project work and product build. Plus, you'll facilitate workshops to help prioritise, identify and define opportunities.
A true champion of design, your excellent communication skills will stand you in great stead, as you clearly articulate and communicate technical solutions to a range of stakeholders at every level of the organisation. Presenting effectively through storytelling and visuals how design can bring value to business.
We're keen to hear from men and women who can call on a real breadth across strategic service design expertise, from research techniques to workshop facilitation to service design thinking. More importantly, you'll have a passion for learning and adapting to new ways of working and thinking. In addition, we'd hope to see as many of the following on your CV
- Proven experience that's broader than 'design', extending into human centred innovation as strong commercial awareness.
- An appreciation and understanding of UX and digital design practices e.g. design systems, usability testing etc.
- Knowledge of product management and agile ways of working including user stories writing, backlog management and acceptance criteria creation.
- An understanding and/or appreciation of digital development and technology.
- An ability to keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design, with a real passion to use the latest practices and tools.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work with my client. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
You'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.