- Rotterdam, South Holland
- Up to £0.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Amber Carr
Role: Service Designer - New Energies
Duration: 12 Month freelance contract, ideally you will want to stay longer term, 40 hours p/w
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Service Designer who can be hands on as well as lead projects? A holistic thinker looking at and beyond the product experience? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly building foundations to define and design on? Someone who has an understanding of business but looks through a human-centred lens? A shaper who wants to define services, ecosystems and propositions of the future? A champion of design that can show the value of service design to one of the world's biggest companies? A force who strives to change the world's energy use for the better?
About the opportunity:
The clients innovation hub sets out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing
human-centred and digital design. Using an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you'll be challenged to think and do things differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling.
With a distinct push towards new cleaner energies and sustainability through carbon management, a unique opportunity exists to be part of the change - taking a human approach to redesigning propositions for the New Energies business line.
What you'll bring:
* A real breadth in your strategic design expertise, ranging from research techniques, workshop facilitation and service design thinking
* The ability to be highly independent, adaptable, confident and flexible
* The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively
through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business
* The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can
bring to the enterprise
What can you day entail?
At a project level:
* Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the workstream. This may mean advocating for a design thinking approach, carrying out research in the discovery phase, defining problems, crafting propositions at a service design level and having a human-centred lens for embedding products and services
* Supporting the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities
* Working with the wider organisation and cross functional project teams to clarify business problems
At a capability level:
* Working closely with other designers, not just Service Designers, to execute a balanced approach to
project work and product builds
* Adapting and continuously iterating feedback on the project approach to the hub Design Lead
At a strategic level:
* Contributing to shaping the workings of design within Shell in conjunction with other Designers
What would be really great is…
* That your experience and ambition is wider than 'design' and extends into lean and human-centred
* You have an appreciation and understanding of UX and digital design practices e.g. design systems, usability
* You have worked in/with product; having some knowledge of product management and agile ways of working including user stories writing, backlog management and acceptance criteria creation
* You have experience in green energy, sustainability or environmental areas or at the very least a passion
* A quality of visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful - delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
* Have an understanding or at least appreciation of digital development and technology
* You keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools into where and how the client works.
Sounds like you? Apply here and we will have a call to discuss the specifics if you profile is a match!
At Talent, we lead the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion hiring practices. We strive to help our clients build their teams - creating diverse and inclusive cultures. With our human centric approach to recruitment, we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining exceptional people regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. Put simply, we give a damn.