Role: Product Designer - Renewables (B2B)
Language: English (Speaking German, Italian or Spanish is always a bonus)
Daily rate: 500 - 650 EU p/d (depending on experience)
Workstyle: Hybrid, 1-2 days (or more if desired) onsite, the rest is fully remote
Duration: 12 Month freelance contract, ideally you will want to stay longer term
Hours: 40 p/w
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Product Designer who can be hands-on as well as lead projects? A holistic thinker looking at and beyond the product experience? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly building foundations to define and design on? Someone who has an understanding of business but looks through a human-centered lens? A shaper who wants to define services, ecosystems, and propositions of the future? A champion of design that can show the value of service design to one of the world's biggest companies? A force that strives to change the world's energy use for the better?
About the opportunity:
The client's innovation hub sets out to do things differently by taking a unique approach of balancing human-centered and digital design. Using an agile technology capability to tackle complex problems in original ways. With a huge variety of potential projects and digital products to build across the business you'll be challenged to think and do things differently, having the opportunity to get involved at all stages from discovery and design, to embedding and scaling. With a distinct push focus on internal facing products for power supply chain. We are looking for candidates that have a passion for complex and data heavy products.
What you'll bring:
* The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape
* The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business
* The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can bring to the business
* A real breadth of skills - from research techniques to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and experiences
What can your day entail?
At a project level:
* Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the experience component
* Carrying out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic)
* Identifying use cases, writing epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, content, and requirements
* Producing working documentation/deliverables such as experience guidelines, wireframes, UX flows, screens, and prototypes. Experience of Figma (or equivalent) expected
* Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams
* Developing and running prototype testing sessions; A-B testing of design components and flows, information hierarchy validation e.g. card sorting etc
* Using and constantly evolving the UI design language, components, grid structures, icons, and interactions
* Supporting the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate, and define opportunities
* Working with the wider organisation and cross-functional project teams to clarify business problems
* Now and then producing visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful - delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
At a capability level:
* Working closely with other designers, not just Service Designers, to execute a balanced approach to project work and product builds
* Adapting and continuously iterating feedback on the project approach to the hub Design Lead
What would be really great is…
* Your experience and ambition is wider than 'design' and extends into lean and human centred innovation
* An appreciation and understanding of service design practices i.e. consideration of the backstage workings and holistic proposition
* You have worked in/with product; having some knowledge of product management and agile ways of working including user stories, backlog management, acceptance criteria, kanban, retrospectives etc
* You have a quality of visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful - delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
* You have an understanding or appreciation of digital development and technology such that the experience design can be communicated and translated smoothly
* You keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools in UX and UI to where and how the client works
Sounds like you? Apply here and we will have a call to discuss the specifics if you profile is a match!
At Talent, we lead the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion hiring practices. We strive to help our clients build their teams - creating diverse and inclusive cultures. With our human centric approach to recruitment, we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining exceptional people regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. Put simply, we give a damn.