Product Designer (UX+UI)
A designer who can be hands on as well as think more strategically about interaction design to the level of design systems? A designer who can lead the experience workstream of projects? Someone who researches empathetically and thoroughly to build the foundation from which to define and design from? A holistic thinker, looking at, yet also beyond, the digital screen towards all touchpoints that deliver on product experience? Passionate about your craft and strive to make beautiful, engaging, intuitive, modern, accessible digital products? A shaper who wants to define user experiences of the future? A champion of design that can show the value of experience and interaction design to one of the world's biggest companies? Then this is for you.
What you'll need in your toolkit:
* The ability to be highly independent, confident and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape
* The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling and visuals yet also in a language that resonates with the business
* The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage stakeholders, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise
* A real breadth of skills - from research techniques to workshop facilitation to crafting prototypes and experiences
What does a week in the life look like?
At a project level:
* Be actively involved in project work/creating a product; owning the experience component
* Carry out appropriate research (direct and ethnographic)
* Identify use cases, write epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, content and requirements
* Produce working documentation/deliverables such as experience guidelines, wireframes, UX flows, screens and prototype(s). Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
* Produce deliverables such as design documentation, Wireframes, flows, screens and prototype(s). Experience of Sketch & InVision (or equivalents) expected.
* Working hand-in-glove with technical/development teams
* Develop and run prototype testing sessions; A-B testing of design components and flows,
information hierarchy validation e.g. card sorting etc.
* Use (and constantly evolve) the UI design language, components, grid structures, icons, interactions
* Support the facilitation of workshops to prioritise, ideate and define opportunities
* Work with the wider organisation and cross functional project teams to clarify business problems
* Now and then produce visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful - delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
At a capability level:
* Work closely with other designers to execute a balanced approach to project work and product build
* Adapt and continuously iterate feedback on the project approach to the hub design lead
What would be really great:
* Your experience and ambition is wider than 'design' and extends into lean and human centred innovation as well an appreciation of business rigour
* An appreciation and understanding of service design practices i.e. consideration of the backstage workings and holistic proposition
* You have worked in/with Product; having some knowledge of Product Management and Agile ways of working including user stories, backlog management, acceptance criteria, kan-ban, retrospectives etc.
* A quality of visual design and communication that is engaging and impactful - delivered through tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
* Have an understanding or appreciation of digital development and technology such that the
experience design can be communicated and translated smoothly
* Keep up-to-date on the latest thinking in the world of design; having a real passion to bring the latest practices and tools in UX and UI to where and how we work
If you are interested in having a conversation around this please get in touch today!