Role: Game Designer
Contract: Full-time Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
You don't tick all the requirements below? That's okay, I still want to receive your application!
Our client is a self-publishing development studio creating mobile games for Esports fans. They are on a mission to offer fun and authentic mobile games that will be enjoyed by millions of Esports enthusiasts around the globe. We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer to join their team. You will work with designers, producers and developers to create core mechanics for a new mobile F2P game where the player takes on a role of a manager of a CS:GO team. You'll help create a fun and authentic pocket experience for true CS:GO fans and will be responsible for maintaining the vision of the game to keep it aligned with the audience expectations and preferences. The position will involve hands-on designing, but you'll have a great opportunity to progress into a game lead.
- Designing core mechanics of a CS:GO manager game, perfectly aligning these with the product and company vision
- Having a great understanding of the specifics of the CS:GO Esports arena and keeping a strong grip on the project's core values
- Being a vision keeper for the team, making sure everyone is focused on the same well-defined goal
- Hands-on game design work: creating prototypes, working with UI/UX department to visualise ideas, bringing ideas to the state of elaborate documentation, running user tests, collecting feedback and improving on the design accordingly
- Working closely with Marketing and Community Management to develop and maintain thorough understanding of the preferences and expectations of our target audience
- When the project is live, collaborating with the LiveOps department to make the game world dynamic, fun and authentic for the players
- 4+ years of experience as a game designer, preferably (but not necessarily) in F2P mobile games. You have shipped at least 2 titles in a game designer role
- You play (or used to play) CS:GO professionally or at least competitively and have very deep understanding of its mechanics, economy and tactics
- You are a data driven problem-solver who knows how to uncover problems by looking at KPIs and getting insights from the community, and how to apply your design skills to solve these problems
- You know your theory. You're not afraid to work with frameworks like MDA or PENS to develop a perfect understanding of your players' needs and expectations. You have experience in working with UI, user testing and prototyping
- You live what you preach and are an example to the team, sparring about ideas with your peers, leaving egos at the door
- A competitive salary in a well-funded gaming studio, which you still help to shape
- The opportunity to work in the most exciting industries in the world - Esports and Gaming
- The ability to own your work, but to collaborate with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic team
At Talent, we lead the way when it comes to diversity and inclusion hiring practices. We strive to help our clients build their teams - creating diverse and inclusive cultures. With our human centric approach to recruitment, we are committed to hiring, developing and retaining exceptional people regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. Put simply, we give a damn.
Sounds like you? Apply here and we will have a call to discuss the specifics if you profile is a match!