Senior Backend Developer
12 month contract
You will be an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a passion for data and at least 3+ years of experience. You are able to engineer backend services from scratch, collecting functional and non-functional requirements.
You will be enthusiastic about learning new technologies, architecture patterns, programming languages and machine learning algorithms and be enthusiastic about innovation in software engineering and not afraid to contribute to open-source projects.
You work in a cross-functional product team together with data engineers, backend and frontend engineers, designers, business analysts and product owners. You evolve and grow in an agile organization where your initiatives make the difference. With a large variety of projects and digital products to build across the business, you'll be challenged to think and do differently.
- Multiple programming languages and paradigms
- Design of web services
- Algorithms and complexity analysis
- Software security
- Development workflow automation and branching strategies
- Clean code and testing practices
- Agile development methodologies
And a strong focus on backend technologies and best practices:
- Databases, theory and practice
- Distributed systems
- Services integration
- Real-time event processing
- Programming models for concurrency
- Linux system administration
- Cloud infrastructures and containers orchestration
- Development of state-of-the-art service oriented architectures in Go
Techstack: Linux, Go, Git, CI/CD, Kafka, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Bash, PostgreSQL, gRPC, GraphQL, RES
If this sounds like a bit of you, you are available to start in the next 2-4 weeks and you are based in the Netherlands (or able to relocate yourself from other Schengen areas) then please get in touch!/