For my client in Rotterdam, I'm looking for a proven Data Engineer (Big Data) to work alongside Data Scientists, Platform Engineers and Data Visualisation Engineers to tackle complex problem areas in terms of data, technology and people.
Candidates should be able to plan, manage and execute a course of work, be highly independent, confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to a fluid project landscape. Evidence of taking a proof of concept to production is essential.
The candidate should be empathetic, with energy, willingness to learn and with strong communication and interpersonal skills!
- Master or Bachelor degree in a quantitative field (Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- Previous demonstrable experience in a Data Engineering role
- Big Data platforms working with large batch and streaming data sets
- Experience in Hadoop / Apache Spark ecosystems
- Cloud Platforms (one or more of AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Comfortable working with Unix / Linux and Bash shell scripting
- Experience in writing code in Python
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of ETL and Data Warehouses
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- Understanding of Agile principles
- AWS Glue, AWS RedShift, Google Cloud BigQuery
- Other programming languages: R, Java, Kotlin, Scala
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Python libraries: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Bokeh, Plotly, Django, Flask, Scrapy
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning: SciKit-Learn, Theano, Keras, Tensorflow, NLTK
- Any experience in the Oil & Gas, Energy, Aviation industries